Location: Boston, MA with travel to Haiti as possible/ necessary
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
The Communications Manager will work with the communications and development teams to set and implement the strategy for all of HEI’s written, digital, and public relations messaging. They will consistently articulate HEI’s mission and will work closely with the program teams in Haiti to ensure all materials are compelling, accurate, and timely. They will develop, implement, and evaluate annual communications plans across the different segments of HEI’s constituency.
- Lead implementation of digital strategy to maximize organizational visibility, leading to donor acquisition and retention
- Generate and disseminate online content that engages diverse audience segments and leads to measurable action
- Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, digital updates, blogs, annual reports, and written appeals in collaboration with other team members
- Manage webpage in collaboration with other team members and outside contractors; ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Establish metrics and implement a system to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Manage current media contacts and strategically build portfolio of contacts, increasing exposure through op-eds, radio/TV interviews, etc.
HEI is seeking an experienced Communications Manager with at least 3 years of communications and/or development experience. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and will have held roles of increasing responsibility within a growing organization.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies, including a strong track record of growing social media followers and digital influence
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial attitude; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Ability to manage and prioritize several competing assignments
- Successful track record in developing themes and content for written appeals and annual reports
- Commitment to health equity and HEI mission
- Knowledge of photography and graphic design a plus
- Knowledge of French and/or Haitian Creole highly desired
We are a dynamic and committed team dedicated to health equity and improving global health. Our small Boston-area office oversees financial management and fundraising for St, Boniface Hospital, located in southern Haiti. SBH is run entirely by Haitian staff, and reflects HEI’s mission and values: we believe in local leadership, strong community partnerships, and that all people deserve high-quality, dignified health care.
This is an excellent opportunity for a communications professional looking to take the next step in their career. HEI offers competitive salaries and generous benefits to its employees. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are organizational priorities, and our office environment fosters openness and collaboration across teams.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Manager." Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those who are being considered for an interview. Thank you for your interest in HEl.