Seeking an enthusiastic development professional to work closely with the Development and Executive teams to reach our fundraising goals.
Location: Health Equity International, Newton MA with the possibility of occasional travel to Haiti
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
The Development Coordinator is an integral member of the Boston-based Health Equity International team. The successful candidate will work closely with the development, finance and communications teams to ensure donors receive appropriate communications, are thanked for gifts, and that their donations are processed correctly and promptly. She/he/they will be the first point of contact for all callers, guests, and vendors, including members of the Board of Directors. This position will interact regularly with HEI leadership, providing administrative support to the CEO, and coordinating quarterly Board meetings.
This is an excellent introduction to the global health field for a detail oriented recent graduate with some work experience. The HEI office is a welcoming, dynamic environment with opportunities for professional growth and development.
Support of fundraising activities:
- Coordinate semi-annual appeal mailings, email appeals, and other donor communications
- Assist in planning of an executing fundraising, donor cultivation, and stewardship events
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop donor stewardship strategies and execute with high level of detail
- Produce prompt and accurate gift acknowledgments for all donations
- Update and personalize acknowledgement letters to reflect important accomplishments and milestones at St. Boniface Hospital
- Maintain donor records in Raiser’s Edge NXT database, ensuring all data is current and accurate
- Create simple reports in RE NXT in order to track revenue progress and goals, as well as donor histories
- In collaboration with Communications Manager, update website, including donation and events pages
- Respond appropriately and rapidly to donors’ and prospective donors' requests for information
- Other duties as assigned
Executive and administrative support:
- Answer office phones, serve as front line contact with callers, visitors and vendors
- Provide executive assistance to CEO: scheduling, priority-setting, travel arrangements, support for meetings with staff, Board, and external stakeholders
- Some office management, including tracking need for and ordering of supplies
- Some experience in non-profit or related sector
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced environment and take pro-active approach to work
- Prior experience with office management and administration or other relevant experience
- Willingness to work occasional nights or weekends to attend HEI events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to the HEI mission
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT or another database system is a plus
Please submit your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Coordinator.” Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applicants we will only contact those who are being considered for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Health Equity International.