Grant Manager and M&E Liaison
Location: Fond des Blancs, Haiti with travel to Boston as necessary
Reports to: Director of Development
Position Description: Under the direction of the Director of Development, and in collaboration with Health Equity International staff, the successful candidate will manage post-award activities and development of grant proposals. The Grant Manager and M&E Liaison will live on the St. Boniface Hospital campus in Fond des Blancs, Haiti and will act as a liaison between the Boston-based Development team and the Haiti-based clinical and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) teams. The position requires resourcefulness and creative problem-solving, as well as strong relationship-building skills. The ideal candidate has experience living and working in a low-resource setting.
- Support proposal development by:
- Providing accurate, timely information to Boston-based development team for use in proposals and reports
- Meeting regularly with SBH clinical staff to remain informed about clinical priorities and ideas for new initiatives
- Meeting regularly with the SBH M&E team to remain informed about the status of key hospital-wide and project-based indicators
- Meeting regularly with Boston-based development and finance teams to remain informed about upcoming reports and proposals, and budget requirements
- Supporting M&E team in maintaining data integrity and developing new indicators as required by grants and/or clinical priorities
- Facilitating clear communication between the development team and Haiti-based implementers to ensure fundraising initiatives are aligned with programmatic needs.
- Support post-award management by:
- In collaboration with Boston and Haiti staff, ensuring that all grant-funded project deliverables are met, and projects remain on budget
- Meeting regularly with SBH clinical staff and M&E staff to remain informed about the status of project deliverables and indicators
- Supporting the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures for post-award management
- Maintaining detailed and up-to-date records of project activities and expenses
- Supporting day-to-day oversight of programs through collaboration with hospital staff.
- Proficiency in Haitian Creole or French required, on-the-ground experience in Haiti preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet changing deadlines
- Willingness to live in Fond des Blancs, Haiti, for two years
- Understanding of public health/international health systems
- At least one year of grant proposal writing or post-award management preferred
- Commitment to Health Equity International’s values and mission
Qualified candidates can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.