Grants Manager (US)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Position Description: The Grants Manager is a resourceful, organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative team member with excellent written communication skills. His/her/their primary role will be to develop grant proposals and reports for institutional and government funders, guide HEI Leadership and Program teams through the funding process, monitor progress against grant deliverables, and communicate results to funders. The Grants Manager will collaborate extensively with the Newton-based program and finance teams as well as the Haiti-based clinical and leadership teams. The HEI office is a welcoming, dynamic environment with opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Identifies sources of funding opportunities
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of proposal development processes and other grant-related activities:
- gathering program information;
- liaising with finance and programs teams;
- compiling and formatting supporting documents;
- writing and revising drafts;
- coordinating meetings across teams to facilitate project management;
- submitting proposals to funders.
- With support from program and development colleagues, develops project concepts, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation plans, methods, timetables, staffing plans, standards of performance, and evaluation plans.
- Liaises with finance team to ensure proposal budgets and financial reports are prepared in accordance with funder requirements and integrated into submission packages.
- Facilitates award set-up and monitors and supports any required external reporting.
- Addresses any inquiries and administrative actions required by funders.
- Collaborates with the programs team to communicate deliverables and responsibilities to implementing staff in Haiti.
- Writes and submits project reports and updates for institutional and other donors as necessary.
- Maintains funder database (Raiser’s Edge) to ensure timely grant reporting.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts of one-pagers and other collateral for institutional funders, individual donors, and other audiences as needed.
- Proofreads/copyedits colleagues’ work as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to develop, implement, and refine systems and follow-up processes.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in grant writing or similar field.
- Experience with federal grant applications (or similarly complex applications with strict guidelines, multiple addenda, and detailed Request for Proposal packages).
- Proficiency with grant management software (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce).
- Proficiency in French and/or Haitian Creole strongly preferred.
About HEI: We are a dynamic and committed team dedicated to health equity and improving global health. Our small Boston-area office oversees financial management and fundraising for St. Boniface Hospital, located in southern Haiti. SBH is run entirely by Haitian staff and reflects HEI’s mission and values: we believe in local leadership, strong community partnerships, and that all people deserve high-quality, dignified health care. We are engaged in a diversity, equity, and inclusion initiative and are committed to the ongoing work of becoming an intersectional, antiracist organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a grant writing/development professional looking to take the next step in their career.
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and 1-2 writing samples at email@example.com with the subject line “Grants Manager.” Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those who are being considered for an interview. Thank you for your interest in HEI/SBH.