Position Title: SBHF Warehouse Manager
Reporting to: functionally to Medical Director and Operations Director, locally; technically to Supply Chain Manager in Boston, United States
Location: Fond des Blancs, Haiti
HEI/SBH is seeking a Warehouse Manager who will have the primary responsibility for ensuring warehouse operations including maintaining accurate inventory records and keeping goods in good physical condition in compliance with storage requirements. The position is dynamic in nature and requires ability to interact with a diverse group of stakeholders, including teams in Fond des Blancs, Boston, and at the clinical facilities supported by HEI. The role provides oversight and monitoring for the medical and operations commodities including critical medications, lab reagents, biomedical materials, administration, and infrastructure materials, stationary, and cleaning materials. Duties include overseeing receiving, unloading, and loading trucks, fulfilling request orders, keeping the store clean, maintaining accurate records on electronic stock cards, and updating the electronic inventory systems. This is a full-time position.
- Maintain inventory controls over materials stored at the warehouse
- Ensure only authorized personnel access the facility and follow all security protocols
- Ensure all materials are distributed only after authorized programmatic approval and with a signed delivery note
- Manage Warehouse staff and invest in professional development through training and segregation of duties within the team
- Perform regular inventory audits to assure high level of data integrity between physical count and electronic inventory records (OpenBoxes)
- Proactively communicate status of received goods from International and local suppliers to relevant stakeholders
- Organize and supervise day laborers at the warehouse, including for offloading of containers and warehouse cleaning
- Operate with a high level of integrity and responsibility
- Ensure incoming shipments are received in OpenBoxes a timely fashion, upon physical check of all quantities, lot numbers, and expiration dates
- Ensure all order requisitions from the hospital are accurately picked, packed, and verified before going out to the hospital.
- Ensure all outgoing transactions are registered in OpenBoxes at time of issue. In case of internet outage, transactions should be entered as soon as possible after internet returns
- Ensure proper storage of all goods, including cleanliness of warehouse and abiding by specific packing requirements (height restrictions, temperature requirements, etc) of a diverse range of items
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Manager, Pharmacy Manager and Lab Manager to make a plan for expired goods
- Archive signed documents for all incoming and outgoing transactions
- Identify areas for system improvements, and potential risks and communicate to Supply Chain Manager and Operations Director
- Give an update on essential stock for HSB to medical Director and General Direction on a weekly basis
- Work closely with procurement team to identify provider where they could find safe drugs and supplies for the hospital
- Circulate any alert on drug and supply low stocks information to the clinical staff
- Participate actively to training and presentation around the topic
- The person has to be an experienced pharmacist with possible skill in management.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Medical Director, Haiti.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5 plus years of experience with demonstrated accomplishments leading warehouse teams and activities.
- Experience with pharmacy, medical equipment. Understanding of medical practices.
- Fluent in French, Creole and English.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Familiarity and experience with Logistics Management System.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including EXCEL and Word.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Warehouse Manager”. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applicants we will only contact those who are being considered for an interview. Thank you for your interest in HEI.