Director of Communications
Seeking an experienced communications professional who can develop and lead our digital strategy and maximize organizational visibility.
Location: Boston, MA with travel to Haiti as possible/necessary
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Position Description: The Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all written, digital, and public relations messaging to consistently articulate HEI’s mission. The Director of Communications will work closely with the development and program teams to ensure all materials are compelling, accurate, and timely. She/he/they will develop, implement, and evaluate annual communications plans across the different segments of HEI’s constituency.
- Develop and lead digital strategy to maximize organizational visibility, leading to donor acquisition and retention
- Lead the generation and dissemination of online content that engages diverse audience segments and leads to measurable action
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, digital updates, blogs, annual reports, and written appeals
- Manage webpage in collaboration with Communications Manager; ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Establish metrics and implement a system to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Manage current media contacts and strategically build portfolio of contacts, increasing exposure through op-eds, radio/TV interviews, etc.
Qualifications: HEI is seeking an accomplished Director of Communications with at least 7 years of communications and/or development experience. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and will have held roles of progressing responsibility within a growing organization.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies, including a strong track record of growing social media followers and digital influence
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, and entrepreneurial attitude; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Ability to manage and prioritize several competing assignments
- Successful track record in developing themes and content for written appeals and annual reports
- Commitment to health equity and HEI mission
- Knowledge of graphic design a plus
- Interest in/knowledge of global health a plus
Please submit your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Communications.” Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those who are being considered for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Health Equity International.