Mission, Vision, and Values
Health Equity International is driven by the idea that health is the key to a society where every person can achieve her or his fullest potential. Our mission, vision, and values statements codify this belief into guiding principles for the organization. By showing what is possible in Southern Haiti, we aim to be a model for providing high-quality, accessible healthcare in resource-poor places around the world.
Health Equity International is dedicated to providing essential health services to the people of southern Haiti, especially the most vulnerable. We are committed to building a comprehensive, efficient, and resilient health system that provides high quality care. We believe that ensuring access to life-saving and life-changing health services is a critical component to building strong and productive communities.
Working in partnership with local communities, we will transform Haiti’s southern peninsula by ensuring that all people, regardless of their ability to pay, have access to high-quality, compassionate health care. By improving health, we will reduce unnecessary suffering and improve the standard of living for the entire region. Health Equity International's success will prove that quality health care can be a sustainable reality in Haiti, and will offer a model for health care systems in resource-poor settings around the world.
- We Believe in Equity and Compassion—We believe that tout moun se moun (“all people are people”). We ensure that everyone, and particularly the poorest among us, has access to the health services we offer. We treat all of our patients with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- We Are Determined—We get the job done. We are relentless because we care deeply about the well-being of our patients, and we have a sense of urgency because we know that the work we do saves lives.
- We Are Collaborative—We don’t believe we have all the answers, nor that our work can be done without input from our partners and members of the community. We are always looking for ways to learn from others and improve our work.
- We Are Data-Driven—We measure what we do and use data to make decisions that impact patient care.
- We Are Transparent—We are accountable to the communities we serve, our donors, and the partner organizations that help sponsor our work.