We are anxiously awaiting the opening of our new Maternal and Neonatal Care Center at St. Boniface Hospital in Fond-des-Blancs, scheduled to open this spring. This Center of Excellence will change the standard of care for mothers and their newborns in Haiti, and will provide a dignified space that Haitian mothers both need and deserve. The new center will be
• The only Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in Southern Haiti for 2 million people
• The only guaranteed and always accessible 24/7 emergency obstetric care in Southern Haiti
• Built to the highest earthquake and hurricane standards
• Home to a training center for Haiti’s next generation of medical professionals
• A center of excellence addressing the needs of every stage of childbearing, from prenatal care to safe deliveries to excellent post- partum care and follow-up
Please check back for more updates as the opening date draws near.
If you would like to support the St. Boniface Haiti Foundation in the vital work we do, please click here.